Tickets for SERENDIPITY WEEK 2018 available early January.
EXP1: Mystery tickets
Why & What: There are thousands of interesting, fun, entertaining things happening every day in London and we’re not all making the most of them. Mostly because they’re too hard to find or we rule things out that don’t seem familiar to us. We will help you to push your boundaries a little, to step out of your comfort zone, meet new people and explore your city in the process.
How: Pay £12 and tell us if you are available the evening of:
- Tuesday 21 November,
- Wednesday 22 November, or
- Thursday 23 November
We will find (or create) an experience for you. We will tell you where you need to be and at what time, and if you need to bring anything. The rest you’ll find out when you arrive.
If you want to be one of the lucky ones to take part in this experiment and you're willing to contribute £12 and make at least one evening listed above, check the box in the form above to let us know and we'll be in touch with more details.
exp2: little deck of nudges
Why & What: We are creatures of habit. We create routines and stick to them as they tend make our lives easier. The problem is, routines also prevent us from straying off the beaten path to discover new opportunities or to challenge the way we think and the things we do.
We are creating the Little Deck of Nudges as a pocket-sized companion that will give you the inspiration and permission you need to step out of your comfort zone, notice things you’ve never noticed before, try new things and look at the world from a fresh perspective.
How: Everyone who takes part in the 'Mystery Tickets' experiment will receive 5 randomly selected cards from the Little Deck of Nudges deck of 52 cards. We ask that you try one card per day in the week of November 11 - 14 and give us your feedback on how it went. Everyone who attempts the full 5 nudges and provides us with their feedback will receive the full deck of 52 cards when they go on sale next year.
As we finalise the concept, we are building the team that will help to make our beta-launch in Spring 2018 a great success. Here are the ways in which you can get involved and a form for you to let us know:
- Join our Advisory Board - you have experience in the areas of large scale festival design or production, cultural diversity, finance and operations.
- Special skills - you are a whizz project manager, sponsorship negotiator, graphic designer or have other skills that would help to make SWL18 even better.
- Sponsor all or part of SWL18 - you wish to be title sponsor Serendipity Week 2018, or you want to 'own' an individual component or experience.
- Contribute Content - you have content of some kind (from a walking tour to a jazz trio to an exhibition) that would be a great addition to the programme.
- Host an Experience - you have a space (from a grand theatre to a meeting room to a canal boat) that would be an interesting space to host and experience.
- Volunteer - you want to lend a hand before, during or after the week itself to help make things run more smoothly.
- Participate in Experiments - see explanation below.